Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carving pumpkins

So we never made it to the pumpkin patch and ended up getting a bunch of pumpkins from my parents! We had lots of fun carving them and the kids chose some designs they wanted to do...well actually they had me do the tracing and cutting. Not so fun but it worked out ok. Jack didn't really care so I just did the classic jack-o-lantern face. He was happy!
Ethan had me do a spider on his pumpkin...not so easy becuase the pumpkins were small.

Emma's was more complicated because she wanted a mummy with some smaller detail...Chris and Jeremiah wanted to be perfectionists and they really did end up looking good.

We took them all ouside and lit them up to see the end result. I must say they look very nice! They always look better when it is dark and the candle inside shows the design.




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Looks like fun! We didn't even attempt to carve our pumpkins this year. The pumpkins all look great!