Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas and the new year!


I have been really busy and have not really had much time to get on here long enough to write anything. We had a great Christmas. The kids had a lot of fun being with family and getting to play with new things! Chris got a dog from his parents for Christmas, a cute little black Pomeranian named Tailgate. Lots of people think it is an odd name but I think it is cute! He is a dog anyway, what does it matter! He gets along with Zoe just great and I am actually thinking that he might get Zoe into shape! She weighs about twice as much as she should! Anyway he is doing well as far as not making too much of a mess in the house.


So I have this goal this year to actually get into shape! I can tell that I am getting older and that my metabolism is slowing down...I can't seem to get rid of this last little bit of weight and fit into all of my jeans! It is really sad to me that I can only fit 3 pairs of pants. If anyone has any good ways to avoid sweets and get in a short workout that is actually beneficial then let me know! I really want to get into shape more for health reasons more than anything. So anyway I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is having a good new year so far!

2 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

I really like shape magazine because they always have fun new workouts that are relatively fast and easy to do at home. And they have new workouts once a month so you don't get bored. I've been doing a lot of their workouts when I'm at work *at the gym* and I like them a lot.

If you ever figure out the food thing, let me know. Food is my downfall. I always get on kicks where I plan on not eating sugar and processed foods, then fall off it fast. It sucks

Rachel said...

Thanks for the info about the magazine! As far as the food issue, I do the same thing! I always tell myself that I am just not going to buy or make the sugary foods and that doesn't work either! I guess all we can do is try!